PRP HAIR RESTORATION
BE THAT GUY WITH THE GREAT HAIR.
PRP Treatment for hair restoration can help you restore fullness to your hair and scalp and strength to the hair follicles. This treatment uses your own platelets to dramatically improve the appearance of your hair.
PRP Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is concentrated blood plasma which contains approximately three to five times the number of platelets found in normal circulating blood. In addition, it includes platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), transforming growth factor (TGF) and other bioactive proteins that aid in wound healing and can help thicken and restore hair growth. When the platelet-rich plasma is collected from the body and redelivered to the scalp either by several tiny injections or via microneedling, it can have a powerful effect. When the PRP is delivered into the scalp, it stimulates follicles and increases the number of hairs per follicle, resulting in thicker, healthier hair. Unlike some procedures which use medication that can cause the libido to lower, PRP has no side effects. Because PRP works on active follicles, it’s a preventative treatment intended to slow hair loss and thinness, so it’s best embarked upon when you first start to notice a problem. Please be aware that it is not a treatment for baldness. However, PRP can help improve the results of hair transplants.
Nearly all men (95%), at some point, will experience a receding hairline and thinning hair on the top of the head, also known as male pattern baldness. This condition, androgenetic alopecia, is caused by a by-product of testosterone called DHT. However, hair loss is not just a concern for men. As women age, hair becomes thinner and the hair follicle less healthy, which can result in hair looking and feeling thinner. PRP Hair restoration can deliver remarkable improvement to your appearance (and even your confidence).
Please note, for non-hereditary types of alopecia, such as alopecia areata, where bald patches appear on the face and body, or hair loss caused by a medical condition such as chemotherapy – the underlying issue is not caused by a lack of PDGF, so PRP treatments are not suitable.
SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION OR CALL THE SPA AND SPEAK WITH OUR HAIR RESTORATION SPECIALIST.
PRP FACELIFT TREATMENT/THE VAMPIRE FACIAL®
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Facial Treatment is a popular skin rejuvenating treatment also known as the Vampire Facial®. This procedure has garnered much media attention because of its popularity with movie stars and celebrities, not to mention its sensational nickname.
WHAT IS IT?
PRP is a regenerative therapy, which simply uses a single ingredient; the client's own blood. Platelets are tiny blood cells which play a crucial part in helping the body stop bleeding, as well as repairing damaged blood vessels and cells. You could think of them as little powerhouses, which release proteins for growth when in contact with the body's tissue.
In PRP, a needle is used to draw blood from the client's arm. The blood is then spun in a centrifuge machine to remove the platelets. The plasma from the blood is extracted, and applied to the client's face, using a microneedeling procedure to rejuvenate the skin.
WHAT TO KNOW
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) derived from your own blood is then injected into the skin with the Rejuvapen microneedling pen, stimulating the growth of new stem cells in the face.
- Collagen will start forming within weeks of the procedure. Treatment time is one hour.
- Because the skin receives tiny punctures, swelling, irritation, and redness might occur. This will subside in the following 24 – 48 hours of the procedure.
- Bruising is very uncommon, but may occur and last up to two weeks.
- After this treatment, your face will be red. The redness will usually subside by the next day and turn pink.
- Results last about 2 years, but the procedure could be repeated every three to four months for maximum results.
- Best results are obtained by having three treatments, about a month apart.
- This procedure is not recommended for people with blood-related conditions. Please consult with your medical practitioner beforehand.
Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, fish oil, and herbal supplements for 72 hours prior to treatment. These medications can increase the chances of bruising. Do not take anti-inflammatory medications including steroids or herbs because these will inhibit the new growth of tissue.
WHAT TO LOVE
- You will see results immediately with continued improvement over the following three months, while your collagen and soft tissue are growing.
- The PRP facelift will add lost volume to cheeks, smiles lines, lips and under eyes by injecting the PRP under the skin. This can replace a need for filler, though for maximum volume we like to combine this treatment with dermal fillers.
- This procedure also treats crow’s feet, dark circles under your eyes, acne scarring, dark spots, fine lines around the lips, and sallow dry skin giving it a natural youthful glow!